Saturday, November 18, 2006

Best Modern Christmas Songs

Yeah, it's a bit early, but my son has been making me listen to X-Mas music all week. It quickly became apparent that I need more variety in my Christmas tunes to keep me sane as the years go by. Anyway, aside from that, I have decided that "Just Like Christmas" by Low is the best modern Christmas song out there. I guess I should clarify - by "modern", I mean written and performed in the last 25 years or so. This disqualifies the obvious winner of Best Christmas Song of All Time, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love and Phil Spector.

Anyway, go download "Just Like Christmas" from your favorite mp3 source. It's the goods.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song blows

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it blows chunks

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiron Beta Prime by Jonathan Coulton is the best "Modern" Christmas song

7:17 PM  
Blogger Pascal Pensees said...

Have to disagree. Christ is the reason for the season. So in that spirit, the best modern song is "Mary, Did You Know"written by Mark Lowery. I particularly like Kenny Rogers and Wynonna's version

8:48 PM  
Anonymous ocean of games said...

Fairy tale of New York a honourable mention and beaten by Alvin and the Chipmunks?? NO!!!! Bah Humbug :(

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home